Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapter 2

   I went online to check my emails and Jeremy was online too. The others weren’t.  I spent almost 5 minutes by just looking at his name listed there. I wanted to click on it and just type a simple hi in the chat box.  Why was I even nervous? Usually I would just click on his name and we would have our own world war 3 of unique and colourful words flying across our laptop screen, mocking each other with hurtful words and never back down till one of us finally pull the plugs. But usually, Jeremy will be the one pulling the plugs. I always win. Always.. but now, why am I so afraid of being the Lea I was before? To Jeremy that is.

So I just breathe in, and leaned my back against the chair hard. And started chatting with him. Usually it would be a “ Hey stupid “ now its like “ Hey Jeremy “

J Rocks : Wow, I can’t believe you’re using my name this time”

LeA : Shut up stupid !

Okay that’s more like it. I’m me again. I wanted to type more to get on his nerves and start a fight with him in the chat box. But I could see he was about to type something. I wanted to hit enter but then he was more quick then I was. But the message was some what shocking.

J Rocks : So, what do you think about Leon? Is he alright with ya?

LeA  : He’s cool, fun to be around with. Why?

J Rocks : What? Can’t a guy ask a girl about his own best friend?

LeA : It depends, either you wanna trash talk about me behind my back to him. Or you and me act as nothing happened before and pretend that we are actually cool with  each other.

J Rocks : You serious? You wanna be friends with me for the sake of me shutting up about your bad habits in front of Leon? Damn, girls are just so fishy.

LeA : Deal?

J Rocks : Oh, you’re so on.

J Rocks : You like him don’t you?

LeA : Its none of your business.

I went offline. There are just things that I would rather keep it to myself. Jeremy is not to be trusted, he could be nice to me now, and be evil to me the next. But I’m always ready when it comes to war with him. And I always wins.

I took a piece of paper and wrote down a couple of what to do list on this summer’s holiday. I kept thinking and thinking but nothing went through my mind.  I was distracted when May called me up and invited me over to her place for some lunch with the others.

“Will Leon be there? Never mind I’m coming right over” I didn’t wait for May’s reply, all I want is a reason to get out of my house. I put on my jeans and a simple single yellow top and walked down to my car. And someone shouted my name. I turned around and Jeremy was standing right beside my post box house. With one of his arm on the side as if he was expecting me. I march down with big stomping on the ground and looked him in the eye.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at May’s already?”
He opened the car door for me and expects me to get into his car. I closed back the door, and he opened it back again. I closed it back, and he opened it back again.
“Stubborn girl, either you get in. Or I’ll just carry you over to May’s place? Pick one”
I hate it when he always forces people into a position with no way out. I didn’t want to argue, all I know is, I want to see Leon again. So if this is some kind of prank their planning. I’m just lifeless bait out of everything. I sat quietly in the car and I looked out the window. It was too suspicious of Jeremy to be reacting like this. He can’t even stand looking at me, and now he wants to give me a ride to his girlfriends place? Something was definitely up.

“Okay, what’s all this about?”

“What?”

“You don’t what what with me alright? Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden huh?”
“Hey, you told me, you wanted us to be friends right? I’m just doing my part.”
I hold my tongue and just lean back and shook my head. Jeremy was laughing as he on his radio as loud as my ear drums could even stand his awful choice of music.
We stopped at a traffic light and a car was honking behind us. I looked at the side mirror, it was Leon’s car. I looked back and Leon was waving at me with a smile on his face. My heart went beating like a drum. And my face was blushing as I waved back. Then Jeremy stepped on the paddle as the traffic light went green, which almost caused me to fall from my seat.
“Could you at least slow down? Geez!”

Jeremy giggled and I positioned myself and fasten my seat belts.
“ Hey, nothing wrong with challenging your boyfriend with his full car speed right?”
As much as I wanted to ask him what’s that supposed to mean in Jeremy’s language, I just kept silent and smiled to myself when he stated the “ boyfriend factor” .

     I got down from the car with excitement as we reached May’s place. I waited for Leon to park his car next to Jeremy’s. And I just stood there looking at Leon for quite sometime.
“You know your droll isn’t very lady like” Jeremy slouched his back and leaned against his car next to me. I was so hoping he get into the house already.

“Shut up! You better get in, I’ll keep up” I shoo him away with my hands flying all over the place.
“Suit yourself princess” Jeremy laughed and he went into May’s house. I didn’t know what Jeremy was even thinking. He seemed really different. I mean majorly different. I put a smile back on my face and swept my hair to the sides as I watched Leon getting out of the car. It was like a moment of silence and he got down slowly with his shades, it was like total hot alert, and I don’t mind getting heated up.

“Hey beautiful” he kissed my cheeks and I just smiled and cling to him like a bee met a  flower, I’m definitely the bee of course. May’s house was a big bungalow lot filled with beautiful hand-made stone structures across the green garden path that would be so relaxing to just lay there on the grass and roll around. I was caught rolling on her garden path a couple of times before and May would shout at me a couple of times or so for ruining her perfectly green grass. But I’m stubborn; I do it all the time till she can’t find ways to stop me anymore.

We went inside, and the stairs was just right in front of us, reminded me when me, Chloe and May would all meet up and get prettied up for prom and we would lined up following the steps of the stairs and would take a picture of us three. I was the middle one, Chloe was the tallest. And May, was the petite shortest.

I wanted to show Leon around the house, and also spend a little one on one time with him and make the others forget about our meetings together. I was about to say something to Leon with my hand showing to the library room of May’s dad hang out  place, but again was distracted by the all so, one and only Jeremy.

“You guys coming or what?” I could tell he was annoyed with his right hand in his back pocket as if he was reaching out for something and his left hand holding on to his cell phone typing some text messaging as I could hear the typing sound clearly. I stood there for quite some time till Leon finally break the silence as he put his arms around my waist and pulled me against him as we walked towards Jeremy and asked him to lead us the way. I was smiling like a big fat kid that just saw a big lollipop. His hands around my waist made me feel like I would be safe forever in his arms. I wasn’t thinking that we’ve just met a day ago. I wasn’t thinking about anything. But I knew that in everyone’s eyes, we were supposed to mean something.

“What took you guys so long? Your lemonades are getting cold” May poured some lemonade into two empty crystal cups that made the sun rays reflected it right to my eyes, making me stood behind Leon’s back to took cover. Chloe was sitting next to Tyler and was digging into some cookie jar as Jeremy went over and kissed May on her forehead and pulled her down sitting on his thighs. I and Leon were seated a little far from one another because there were no more two seated cushions and only one to one. So we were seated opposite each other. I took a sip of the lemonade that got me showing my tongue because it was awfully sour. May smiled and told me that she is on sugar diet. Looking at my expression like that, made Leon feeling uncomfortable to drink his lemonade himself.

“So, where’s the food? I’m starved. Like really.” Tyler took up his shirt, a little skin was showing but Chloe help to put it down. I could tell she was shyer even for Tyler. May excused herself and I offered to help as I followed her as she went into the wet kitchen area as I waited for her at the dry kitchen area and looked around for cookies. But nothing was found except for a couple of organic bars. May was definitely serious about this diet thing. I could have that hint.
“So, what are we having today for lunch?” I went and lift up the lid of the hot boiling pot that was still hot. May was famous with her home-cook beef jerky stew. She was walking around the kitchen with quick steps. I didn’t even had the chance to give in a hand. All I knew was that everything was already laid out and I just had to help put out the dishes to the main dining table.
“So what do you think about Leon?” May was folding some napkins around the fork and spoon as she set the table while I adjust the dishes, putting them in straight position.

“He’s sweet, gorgeous. Everything that a hot hunk would be” I whispered and gave her a slight wink as I did. May smiled and Chloe came running in offered to help with the napkins.

“What about you Chloe?”

“What?” her mouth was still stuffed with cookies and I could tell she was having trouble chewing those chocolate chips dipping.

“You know...you and Tyler?” May pushed her shoulder against Chloe, making Chloe almost choked as she smiled and nodded real quick with her fingers cross in a sign language of “okay “.
We were all happy with our own dates; I know I was with Leon. Everything was going smoothly, from yesterday we were at the beach, and now here we are having lunch together. I just hope that this wouldn’t end real fast to begin with.
“Lunch time!!!!” May shouted from the top of her lungs as if the boys were outside in the garden that the walls just couldn’t stand her voice. They came budging in and banging into one another as they chased for a seat while waiting to be served.
    As usual, the guys will be seated right opposite the girls. But this time, it just got weirder. May was already seated and Leon was seated opposite of May. I wanted to ask Leon to seat opposite me but Jeremy didn’t get up from he’s ass. But since May was fussing around about how the dishes would get cold. None of us said anything and were just seated the way we were. It was awkward for me as I have to slightly tilt my head to the other side to look at Leon’s cute adorable face, I didn’t want to look at Jeremy at all. And I could tell he was annoyed that I was ignoring him. We passed around the food. And dig in with the beef jerky stew and some salad for starters. Tyler had fun tossing the salad with Chloe side by side.
I wanted to exchange places so badly that I kept standing up and sitting back down in an awkward position.
“Lea, you could just say that you want to exchange places with May you know?” Jeremy spiked at me as he swallowed the sparkling wine slowly with his adam’s apple going down. I sat back down as everyone stared at me and Leon was a face full of question marks.
May looked at Jeremy and she looked back at me, then she faced Leon before she said something to me.
“Oh yeah, baby, why didn’t you tell me I was ruining the romance mood between Lea and Leon huh?” May wanted to get up but I was horribly humiliated that I didn’t wanted to show too much of my feeling towards Leon. He would definitely think I was obsessed with him that I have to cling on to him 24/7 thanks to my friend Jeremy. I seated May back down and I went back to my lunch, and continued eating while one of my leg kicked Jeremy’s foot, making him squeal and making me eat my lunch faster.
“Baby you alright?”
“Yeah I’m fine babe.” Smiled at May and frowned at me.
I didn’t have the chance to talk to Leon over the dinner table, but just smiled at each other whenever we passed the food around.
Everyone was burping while still sipping on their red wine, the guys of course. Tyler was already full that he didn’t dare to show his belly to us anymore. Chloe was of course relieved in a way. Jeremy was whispering to Leon and in my head was definitely gossiping about me. Because Leon couldn’t stop staring and smiling at me. I didn’t want to think about it and quickly piled up all the dishes and went into the kitchen to clean up. May washed the dishes, as I help to rinse them and Chloe dry them with a cloth and arranged them accordingly following the sizes.
“Thank you for the lunch May. The food was delicious”
“No problem babes, anytime, but I’m really sorry about just now though.”
“ What about it? I rinsed the dishes carefully while admiring the flowery pictures printed on the back of the plate. Chloe came over from behind us, and whispered in my ear.
“ Oh Lea, come on, we know you wanted to seat next to Leon right? Don’t worry girl. This is not the last time we’ll be together you know?”
I smiled and try to change to topic.
“ Nah, its fine. I’m okay with it. We still have a couple of months before summer ends right?” It’s not really a big issue, and I didn’t want May to think that I’m jealous over her or something, that would be so silly to think so. But sometimes I find it hard to read her mind somehow. After dealing with all the dishes, we went over to lounge in the hall. Tyler was sitting there lying on the couch with his tummy bloated up. Not really showing, I mean he is tall and have a great body. But his tummy was definitely filled with a lot of beef jerky. Chloe went over and hugged him from the back. May excused herself as she was looking for Jeremy around the house. Leon was not found either. Do boys always go missing whenever their stomach is full?
I went over outside to have a look and search for Leon. He’s car was still parked the way it was, and I just went outside and stroll along the garden pathway. I called out his name a couple of times but no there was no answer.
“Lea!” Someone poked me from the back making me screamed. I turned around and Jeremy was giggling. I wanted to slap his back but then I saw Leon coming towards us. Jeremy stopped giggling and I put my hand down and smiled as I saw Leon. Jeremy was just standing there; he was like following me around everywhere. But I reminded him that May was looking for him, and hope that he would just take off already leaving me and Leon for a moment alone.
“Fine, you do what you wanna do. And bro...beware, her bite is worst than her bark” Jeremy quickly left before I have the intention to give him a slap again. Leon pulled me over to his car and he lifted me up letting me seat on his car bunk. He stood in front of me and just stared at me. Just by looking at his eyes made me feel like I was flying, but this was what I was feeling. He didn’t tell me anything about what he felt. So I didn’t make a move either. It was too soon to be falling for each other anyway. The wind breeze was blowing so strong that some of my hair swoosh across Leon’s face and he swept my hair back behind my ears and smiled as he did.
I wanted to ask him many things, but something just stopped my mouth from opening. I looked at my fingers and count them over and over and pictured in my head if there was an uneven finger growing from my palm.

“You wanted to spend some time with me right? Well, here I am” He pushed my hands away making me focused into his eyes again. I was blushing like a bright red apple.
“I just like having you around, that’s all” I was being a little specific, but I didn’t want to be too honest and be all over him. I answered what had to be answered before I said something stupid while I ruin everything else in return.
“Hmm, just? But you seemed bother enough at the dinner table just now?” he smiled.
“That...Jeremy was just....never mind” I put my arms together and pouted my lips while Iook away.
“Ha-ha, chill babe. I like having you around too. You’re cool. Hey, before I forget, there’s this born fire party that my friends are having. Maybe you would like to come with?” Leon took out his cell phone and asked me for my number. I excitedly dialled it for him and asked him to do the same to mine.
“Just you and me...right?” I asked curiously, because where ever there is Jeremy, there comes chaos. “Not technically” Leon looked over his shoulder, and drunk Tyler that was hugging Chloe while Jeremy was in the arms of May came towards us.
“So, you guys coming tonight?”Tyler hiccupped and throw up right after he said those last words. May and Jeremy stood far away disgusted while Chloe was patting his back asking him to let all the puke out. Me and Leon were just looking away keeping our nose close.
“Eww man, that’s gross dude!”
“Yeah dude, that’s so not cool man”
Chloe took Tyler back in and May followed them from behind, afraid that Tyler would threw up again on her major expensive furniture I supposed. Jeremy stood next to me and leaned next to my shoulders, making me pushed him hard.
“I’ll be going with Leon tonight. We’ll meet you guys there alright?” I grabbed Leon by his arm and gave Jeremy that deep stare. Jeremy smirked at me.
“Okay then, see you guys there” Jeremy took a step back and winked at me as he left us both again.
“Jeremy seems to be interested in you, don’t you think?”
I stopped and stared blindly into Leon’s eyes. But then he smiled and said he was joking.

BUT...WAS HE?

No comments:

Post a Comment