Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chapter 7

     I lay there on the bed with my alarm clock laying helplessly right on top of my belly button. I tossed and turn trying to make myself to at least have a reason for sleeping early, but my eye lids were to light to even shut them up. I kept reading back the text that Jeremy sent to me, and I didn’t even reply a “ yes or no “ answer. In a minute I’m staring at the closet fussing about what to wear before dawn arrives, the next minute I’m awfully annoyed by his idea, which gave me the speck of being heartless and selfish and thought about bailing him on this meeting he had planned for both of us. I couldn’t help myself but to think what was my next move. My mind was everywhere, I just wished there was a restart button somewhere and stop my head from fidgeting so much all the time.

     “I should just sleep, maybe he had already forgotten about this. Besides, he never did called or send me another text about this” I rolled up the sleeves of my long pyjamas that my mother bought from yard sale thing along the street. Big shaped long sleeve pyjamas with pictures of teddy bears were cute for a 17 year old girl like me for my mum’s sort of speech. Apart from the big shaped pyjamas, the teddy bears were agreeable. I tucked myself into bed and put away the alarm clock and just hid my face under my soft comfy covers. I was just about to fake my sleep. When I realize my laptop wasn’t switched off.

     Bearing with the noise of incoming im’s on screen just beeping right there across my bed. I literally crawl down from my bed and crawl up to my chair while rubbing my eyes that were having a hard time opening. My mouth just went “ AAAAA “

J Rocks: Lily Garden 5.30am

The letters were bold and the size of 16, what was he thinking, like I’m some sort of blind female for that matter? I rubbed my eyes again a couple of times, and pinching myself while trying to hope that this was all just a bad weird dream. But it wasn’t as the line of LILY GARDEN were still right there staring at me in the chat box. I scroll down my page and just deleted that message.  But he just had to send me another one.

J Rocks: Lily Garden 5.30am !

This time without the bold letters, but with an exclamation mark at the end.

I rubbed my neck and breathe out heavily, still can’t actually figure out what answer should I give to Jeremy. Does he really want to meet up with me? Is he even sober?  He has been intestinally drunk ever since I told him that we are friends for now. He has been just hanging around me somehow. Why does he have to be the one that happens to be close with me nowadays?
I clicked on the delete button and wanted to head to my bed, but something just made my ass fall down from the chair.

J Rocks: I know you’re reading this right now. It’s too late to even try to ignore me Lea. I can totally see you.

My eyes went big, and all I know I was already holding on to a big baseball bat and hiding behind the curtains while reaching out to my lamp post and switching it off.

“ Fuckk!” I said to myself softly and lifted up the curtain a little to take a peek outside. And there he was, that little sleazy Jeremy already waving excitedly as if he knows I was peeking at him. I closed back the curtain and went back to my bed, hiding underneath those covers trying to get some sleep. “So who cares if Jeremy is out there right now in front of my house waiting for me at 4am.” I took a sneak peek at my alarm clock that was ticking loudly beside my bed. “ I’ll just let him wait, silly boy!” I punched my pillow hard and just hug it tight, pressing my chest against it making myself warm and cosy.

Something woke me up when I hear little tap banging on my window. I got up and looked out the window. Jeremy was busy picking up pebbles and just throwing them on my window. I was so frustrated that I opened the window making him not realize that my head was already popping out and one of his pebbles hit straight to my forehead.

“Are you insane!!” I shouted in a low tone voice. Jeremy was already looking away before he said “ Sorry! “ in a soft voice that got me reading his lips. I rubbed my forehead and just kept an eye on him. And he goes all “ LILY GARDEN!! 5AM ! Be there okay?” he smiled while showing two thumbs up at me.

“ Fine, just...go okay? Its only 4 something. I’ll be there at 5.45.”

“5.30!” showing his fingers to me.

“ Yeah yeah, 5.30. Now go...you will wake up my neighbours and my parents!” I shooed him away, but he was just ignoring me and jumped at the back seat of his car and lay there. I can’t believe he is totally taking a nap in the car, right in front of my house for the sake of making sure that I will show up at Lily’s Garden tomorrow. Jeremy was driving me up the wall I couldn’t even have words to describe about how he was reacting. I closed back the window and went back to bed, didn’t want to have second thought about it.

       The alarm was already going off, screaming and shouting like hardcore through my eardrums. I imagined myself hitting it with a giant hammer and crashing it into pieces like those cartoon network movies I accompanied Jeff to watch with.

I got up and groomed myself a little, put on a sweater and just a worn jeans. And headed downstairs with a torch in my hands. I had to sneak around the house just to get to the door. My sneakers were already making horrible sounds when I was going down the stairs I just wished they were shutting up already. My parents were sound asleep, I could hear my dad snoring and mum was tossing around making the bed squeaked. I made my way out the door and down the lane to Jeremy’s car.

 He was still sounding asleep as I looked into the back seat. His arm covering his eyes and his legs were totally facing me. I tapped on the window making Jeremy fell out of his seat; he got out of the car and just yawn.

“What’s the time?” he asked rubbing his head and yawning again.

“It’s 5.39am” I answered in a boring tone voice. Jeremy knows if I was annoyed or if I wasn’t, though we weren’t actually friends before. But he kind of knows me well. For the sake of my attitudes at least.

“Well, are you getting in or what?” 

I went into the car and strapped the seat belts around me while we took off. Looking my house through the side mirror of his car.

“I’m guessing your parents don’t know about you sneaking out huh?” he giggled.
“Don’t you start okay? You’re the one who is out making plans And forcing me to come with during this time at this freaking early hour!” I frowned and looked out the window rubbing my leg against one another.

Jeremy stopped the car immediately and unstrapped his seatbelt while he unstrapped mine. He got down the car and went to my side while pulling me out from the car. “What...Hey!! That hurts alright! “ he gripped my hands tightly I couldn’t even feel the blood running. I was half dead while he just kept pulling me and walking towards this lane that never did looked familiar to me.

“Jeremy stop!! “

He stopped and let my hands go. He just looked in front and didn’t even faced me in the eyes. I could feel that I did something that upset him, but I didn’t know what to say but to ask a stupid question again. “ You.. okay?” I reached out for his arms but he pushed my hands away, just continued walking following the path.

“Hey..Wait..” I reached out for my torch light that was still in my bag. I couldn’t see a damn thing.
“We won’t need that anymore, We’re here.” Jeremy sounded as calm as I could hear him breathing in fresh humid air.

I stood beside him and saw a big beautiful carving of a statue surrounded with lily’s and roses all planted accordingly in a shape of a cupid. The fountain that caught my eye in the middle of the field, and colourful lightings just made me go “ Awww “

“Beautiful isn’t it?” he headed to the fountain and I just followed him while looking at all the beautiful statues and surroundings. I was like Alice in Wonderland. Make that Lea in Wonderland.

“I never knew this sort of place still exist in this corrupted world of ours. This isn’t Lily Garden isn’t it?”

“Nah, it’s definitely not Lily Garden. I’m sure you’ve already noticed that when we got here. Not everyone knows about  this place. It’s not open to public anyway. This garden right here, the owner is living right up there on the hill. The most riches old lady ever” Jeremy pointed up the hill, but I couldn’t see much as the skies were still dark.

“So you’re saying we are trespassing?” I looked around for cctv’s or cops shouting asking us to leave. Jeremy just pulled me down making me seat next to him on the grass.

“Don’t worry, we’re not really trespassing. I’ve been here a couple of times. And nothing bad ever happens. Just relax and enjoy the beautiful environment around you”

“ I’m sure May enjoyed this place really much huh?” admiring the beautiful statue in front of me. “ You’re the first actually “ he looked up at me.

“First what?” asked curiously showing him a grin.

“First person that I brought to this place” he looked away. I ignored that statement and curled my legs up hugging them tight. There was silence between us and the sky was about to brighten up a little.

“Jeremy, why exactly did you go to Wisdom Falls the other day?”

“That’s the reason why I asked you out today. To explain.”

“Well?” asked again impatiently waiting for his answer. He tilt his head down and rubbed his forehead making me rubbed my own to see if there was any bump on it because of the pebble that hit me earlier before.

“I’m just saying, things will change this Summer. I will change” he sounded so serious, I couldn’t pat on his shoulders and just take it as a joke. His face expression which I couldn’t figure out whether he was confused, sad or everything bundle up on one big pile I couldn’t clean up.

“What do you mean by changes?” I crossed my legs and leaned against him to hear closer on what he actually wants to say.

“Could you keep a secret?”

I leaned back and lay on the grass looking up at the sky waiting for the sun to actually shine through my pupil.

“Just spit it out stupid” I hate waiting, like really hate waiting.

“ Me and May are not working out.“ the words were too blurred at first but then got me getting up and asking him to repeat it again clean and clear for me to hear.
“I think it’s best if I let her go” he continued.

 I can’t believe what was Jeremy actually saying right there and then. I wanted to just shake the life out of him and asked him to repeat those sentences, but the words were fire through my ears that I just snapped.

“Do you hear yourself Jeremy? I can’t believe you’re thinking about breaking up with her. She loves you like. Oh my god!! Do you even know how much hell she loves you !” I pushed his shoulders and he just looked away, not wanting to explain why the decision was made.

“Look, I’m sure you guys had problems before. You guys are different than the other couples I’ve seen. You guys have been together for 2 years man. You can’t seriously let it all flow away. I’m sure there must be something you could do to work this out.” I was mumbling and just babbling about the good times he and May had together. Reminding him this was not the right way to handle their relationship. I could picture May crying right now in me and Chloe’s arms while figuring out words to calm her down.

“You’re not doing this okay Jeremy. You’re not!” I gave a big stomp on the ground swinging my arms side to side.

“And what if I want to? You can’t stop me Lea. It’s my decision” He stood up facing me and looked into my eyes. “ You’re mad are you? The other day you went missing for no reason, and now you’re telling me you want to leave May? What on earth are you planning to do? May will die without you!” I screamed from the top of my lungs making some doves that were picking up seeds flying away.

“Not until I die first okay!” he stopped and covered his mouth.

“You know what, I’m not doing this. I’m getting home.” I walked away and turn around as Jeremy said “ It’s for the best Lea.. it’s just for the best. You’ll understand one day.” He nodded his head down and wipe his sweat that was dripping down his chin.

“What if I don’t understand? I bet May wants to understand more than I do. I mean do you even love her?”

“I love her enough to know what’s best for her” he continued and walked towards me. I wanted to slap him real hard for already hurting my best friend unintentionally, I didn’t want to see May cry, or hurt herself because of this stupid figure Jeremy that had too much on his plate.

“You’re a jerk you know that?” I walked away in anger not wanting him to follow me from behind. But Jeremy kept walking; I could hear his footsteps getting faster and closer to me. But I didn’t take a second look. The sun was already up high was shinning right above me.
Everything was more complicated than I thought it would be. I couldn’t even think straight. I was walking sideways like a crab hitting on to tress I just felt like vomiting.

“ You okay?” Jeremy held me up and put my arms around his shoulder.

“ Don’t touch me.. you...heart breaker! “ I pushed him away, leaving me fell down on the dry scattered leaves.

“ Stop being so stubborn and let me help you.” he carried me to the car and fasten my seat belt. I was feeling so woozy I just didn’t even talked but to point my finger up front and said “ Home”
I could hear the engine starting and just before I know it. I was already at home, waking up to see the ceiling fan spinning above me, with mum putting on a wet napkin on my forehead and dad was walking around making a call to some odd doctor name on the line.

“ What..whats going on? What happen?” I opened my eyes slowly.

“ You fainted, Jeremy sent you back home earlier ago honey.” Mum continued wiping my forehead with the wet cloth. I was so dizzy that I just kept my eyes closed at all times. Dad was in the background saying about how the doctor would be arriving in a n hour to Mum. I was waving my hands side to side “ No need for doctors. I don’t need any medication. I’m fine “ I tried to get up, but I bounced back hard on the cushion feeling so hung over.

“ Honey just stay still. Get some rest. The doctor will be here to check on you soon” Dad brushed my hair and gave me a peek on my forehead. I wonder why was everyone so worried about me when I wasn’t even worried about myself. I kept thinking about how a jerk Jeremy is. And what’s gonna happen to May. Whether they broke up already or haven’t? I just got to stop it from happening.

    “ I need to call May “ I reached out for the phone that Dad left on the coffee table next to where I was laying, but Mum took it and stuff it right inside her apron.

“ Young lady, you better sit still now. Stop moving around. Your calls can wait” I didn’t have the strength to argue with her and just fall back dead asleep and admit that I was really really not feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment